To be upright, during calibration or in general, make sure to pay attention to the following instructions:
- The first step is to find your neutral spine, meaning your natural upright position.
- The common mistake is to hyper-extend with the thought that you are straight. Always remember that your neutral spine should feel comfortable and natural.
- Pull your belly button towards your spine to find support from your core. Remember to breathe deeply and stay relaxed.
- Roll your shoulders back and drop them straight down.
- Lengthen your neck and slightly tuck your chin in.
- Imagine there is a string pulling you up from your crown.
- As long as you're upright, you may choose to lean against your chair or not. However, your core muscles are more engaged while not leaning back.
- To maintain a good posture while standing up or walking about, keep these tips in mind:
- Stand tall, take a deep breath, and relax your shoulders back.
- Keep your head level with your body, pull in your abdomen and don't lock your knees.
Be sure to not stare down at your phone - if you need to use your phone, lift it up, rather than staring down.