When calibrating your UPRIGHT you need to sit with correct upright posture and slouched posture.
If you're not sure how to sit with good posture try this exercise.
1. Fully arch your back, then slouch forward, arch once more, and release to your neutral upright posture.
2. Imagine there is a string pulling you up from your crown, lengthening your spine.
3. Roll your shoulders back, and drop.
4. Plant your feet on the ground at a 90 degree angle.
5. Breathe deeply and stay relaxed.
When beginning to train it can be difficult to remember to hold yourself upright and your core or shoulder muscles may not be strong enough to hold you for long amounts of time. This is why UPRIGHT's training program works to build up your muscles and will help you get good posture, even when you aren't wearing your UPRIGHT!
The common mistake is to hyperextend and think you are straight. Always remember, your neutral spine should feel comfortable and natural.
UPRIGHT POSTURE WHILE STANDING
To maintain a good posture while standing up or walking about, keep these tips in mind:
• Stand tall, take a deep breath, and relax your shoulders back.
• Keep your head level with your body, pull in your abdomen and don't lock your knees. Be sure to not stare down at your phone - if you need to use your phone, lift it up, rather than staring down.
Want to learn about the benefits of good posture? Check out our blog post here!